Ca' Foscari Tour gives the opportunity to visit the historical seat thorough an interesting itinerary, discovering the palace history and its architecture. Ca’ Foscari, built by the Doge Francesco Foscari in 1452, is a magnificent example of Venetian Gothic architecture.
For its special position on the Grand Canal, the palace was used as a representative building and gave hospitality to many important guests until it became the seat of the first School of Commerce in Italy, in 1868. During the tour visitors can admire the external courtyards, the interventions of the great architect Carlo Scarpa and they will have the unique chance to enjoy a breathtaking view of the Grand Canal.
Since March 2009 a new service of guided tours of Palazzo Foscari is offered. Visitors can admire the external courtyards, the Aula Magna Mario Baratto designed by Carlo Scarpa and the most recent findings of the last restoration, following an interesting itinerary of study, art and history.
- Monday, Thursday and Friday, 11.30 am
- From Monday till Friday, 14.15
- Meeting point on the ground floor of Ca'Foscari
- Tour in English or Italian
The palace is architecturally barrier-free. Visitors with disabilities can visit the palace with an accompanying person and are kindly requested to book in advance.
Full price 4.5 €
Reduced tickets 3.5 €
- Visitors with disabilities
- Venetian citizens
- Students up to the age of 26 (with student card or university registration booklet)
- Groups (min 10 max 25 persons)
- Shorter tour (if some rooms are occupied)
- Ca'Foscari students and employees
- Erasmus students
- Groups leaders (max 2 for group)
- Children up to the age of 6
- Guests of congresses and meetings organized by the University
Tickets sold in the Public Relations Office - Ufficio Relazioni con il Pubblico (on the ground floor) 15 min. before the beginning of the tour. Cash payment only.
For further information
- Ufficio Relazioni con il Pubblico – Università Ca' Foscari
- Dorsoduro 3246 – 30123 Venezia
- Opening hours: from Monday till Friday 8.30-14.00; Monday and Wednesday also 14.00-17.30
- Tel: 041/2348323